They say that time flies when you’re having fun and I think I can speak for all of us when I say that given just how much fun we’ve all had this past season, it’s really no wonder time has passed us by so quickly.
For those of you who may have missed it though, here’s a quick recap of a day in the life of ‘Narangba Demons C Grade’ – the highlights reel of course:
1. Compulsory training sessions; short shorts only.
2. Animal themed Onesie nights, just because we can.
3. Epic Australia Day parties and weekly tavern trips.
4. Serenading sessions by our very own Matt Corby, only cuter.
5. Lap dancing lessons by the one and only ‘he wishes he was Magic Mike’.
6. Free barber shop visits; the kind you wish you never had.
7. Face time opportunities should you ever happen to miss a game.
8. The occasional, unexpected ambulance ride.
9. Far too many “That’s what she said” jokes.
And last but certainly not least…
10. The best homemade jam you will ever come across in all of your life, compliments of our cute little ex-baker’s Mumma.
So really, all things considered I suppose you could say that as far as a comeback is concerned, I did get fairly lucky with the crazy kids that I happened to come back to and while I may have started the season with just one big brother by my side, that is certainly not the way it all ended.
Here we are now, six months on and I can say with quite possibly the worlds biggest smile that I have somehow stumbled across a brand new, beautiful little family. A family that consists of nine slightly bigger brothers and one beautiful baby sister and honestly, I could not have imagined it any other way.
Three long years spent desperately waiting to be back out on that diamond and now, it all makes perfect sense. All of the waiting and all of the dreaming was leading up to this very moment; the moment I was destined to fall completely head over heels in love with that little white ball, all over again.
First season back, first ever Grand Final game and first ever Grand Final trophy; I think it’s fairly safe to say that family definately does it best!